Your current location will be as accurate as the GPS location provided by your device. The latest phones have excellent GPS chipsets and in tests earlier this year we were able to reliably achieve an accuracy of within 5m in Chamonix at Grands Montets – but often even better. We used iPhone 5, 5s, Samsung Galaxy S4 and Sony Xperia Z2 for testing. Older devices such as an iPhone 4S will still work but have less advanced GPS chipsets and accuracy may be lower or take longer to provide a location fix.
Articles in this section
- Why are pistes/trails and lifts missing at my resort?
- Why are some places missing winter imagery?
- FATMAP's Data Providers
- View live lift status
- How do I find the version I am using?
- How are the pistes/trails categorized?
- How accurate is the real-time GPS location?
- How accurate is FATMAP?
- How do I change the language?
- Recording your tracks with FATMAP