You can see your activities recorded with Strava in FATMAP by connecting your Strava and FATMAP accounts. If you already have a FATMAP account and would like to connect it to your Strava account, please follow these instructions. If you don't yet have a FATMAP account, you can simply login to FATMAP with Strava and your accounts will be connected automatically.
In both cases, your Strava activities will appear on your FATMAP profile. Note that if you connect both Strava and a Strava-connected Garmin or Suunto tracker to your FATMAP account, your activities will appear twice.
To connect your Strava account via the FATMAP website
1. Go to fatmap.com and log in.
2. Click on your profile icon at the top right, then Edit Account
3. Click Connect with Strava.
4. You will be asked to log in (if you haven't already) and authenticate the connection through Strava. Please note that your Strava Map Visibility settings will not be represented on FATMAP. You can use your FATMAP privacy settings to control activity visibility.
5. Once the connection is complete, your latest 3-5 tracks will be added to the My Adventures section of your profile. Any new track will be added automatically.
To connect your account on the mobile app
1. Open the FATMAP app
2. Go to your Profile tab, then click the three lines at the top right.
3. Click Settings -> Connected Accounts -> Connect with Strava
4. Click Connect with Strava
5. You will be asked to log in (if you haven't already) and authenticate the connection through Strava. Please note that your Strava Map Visibility settings will not be represented on FATMAP. You can use your FATMAP privacy settings to control activity visibility.
6. Once the connection is complete, your latest 3-5 tracks will be added to the My Adventures section of your profile (set to Private) and any new track will be added automatically.
How to disconnect your FATMAP and Strava accounts
To disconnect your Strava account from FATMAP, please follow the instructions below. This will delete all your Strava routes from FATMAP.
To disconnect your account on the web
1. Click your Profile Icon in the top right, then Edit Account
2. Next to 'Connected with Strava' click Disconnect.
To disconnect on the mobile app
1. Go to the Profile tab then click the three lines at the top right.
2. Click Settings -> My Account -> Connected Accounts.
3. Click Manage Strava -> Disconnect Strava.
Privacy setting of your imported Strava activities
Strava activities have two types of privacy settings: the activity setting and the map visibility.
Strava activity visibility
Strava map visibility
The privacy setting in FATMAP of activities imported from Strava is
- Private for activities visible to 'Followers' or 'Only You' in Strava
- Public for activities visible to 'Everyone' in Strava. These activities can be seen by everyone in the FATMAP community on your Profile.
The map visibility settings control how much of the map is imported from Strava:
- If you have chosen to hide the start and end points of your activities (around specific addresses or for all activities), only the publicly visible part of the activity will be imported into FATMAP.
- If you have chosen to hide all your activity maps, your activities will not be imported into FATMAP.
Please note that FATMAP applies your Strava privacy settings at the time of the activity import. If you change your privacy settings then activities that have already been imported will not be affected. You can make those activities private manually as described here.
It is possible to share public activities by tapping the 'Share' button.
Logging in to FATMAP with Strava
Once you have connected your FATMAP account to Strava, you will be able to use the 'Continue with Strava' option as well as your usual method to log in. If you are logged in with Strava, it is not possible to disconnect your account from Strava. To disconnect your FATMAP account and Strava accounts, please use your usual non-Strava login method.